Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY...Wednesday, February 5, 2014, 9:06 am

Outside my window...its wet from yesterdays rain, cloudy and windy with a temperature of 35 degrees, expected to reach 40......Doves on the porch first thing had Smokey excitedly chirping (he loves talking to them) and Squirrels were scampering around the yard trying various things in order to reach the Bird Feeder

I am thinking...that I need to get my grandson's Birthday Card in the mail as his Birthday is Sunday.....it is getting harder for me to remember Birthdays as time is moving so swiftly...

I am thankful...that I had no meetings, workshops or appointments this week until Friday so I was able to stay home, accomplish some more organizing and sorting as well as me time.

In the kitchen...Peas, hash, spinach, corn bread left over from dinner for Honey Bear's lunch......I'm considering chicken/rice with fruit salad for dinner......valentine tablescapes in the breakfast area

I am wearing...pajamas and robe

I am creating...ideas for new projects........pleasant working spaces.......a scrapbook page for our County MCHCL scrapbook....the person who was supposed to do it got called out of town, she had all the elements ready, I just need to arrange them and glue them down.

I am going...to clean the windows and blinds in my studio today....to move some furniture around

I am wondering...what it is that makes the hens lay one day and not the next....

I am reading...nothing right now as I finished one this morning and haven't begun a new one yet

I am hoping...to jump start my weight loss program and exercise more when the weather changes....hard to get motivated on days like this

I am looking forward to...Spring

I am learning...about the new carpet/floor sweeper I bought....so far, I'm liking it for quick pick ups before a full vacuum...

Around the house...there is still room for improvement

A favorite quote for today..."Beautiful music is the art of the prophets that can calm the agitations of the soul; it is one of the most magnificent and delightful presents God has given us." Martin Luther.......I saw this over at Stray Thoughts 

One of my favorite things...Bird watching

A few plans for the rest of the week: Book Club on Friday....Celebration Day at Grille 21 on Saturday

A peek into my day...
Wil is excited that February is here.....

3 comments:

  1. Hi Wil,

    Watch for the postman, there may be a surprise in the mail for you. (o:

    Hugs,
    Prudence ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had such dreary weather lately, yes? I'm ready for spring to get here too.

    Ooh, cleaning blinds is something I need to do when spring arrives, but I so dread it. It's been way too long (I hate to admit how long).

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete