Thursday, January 30, 2014

Alice's Adventures in Hodge Podge




1. It's  been said that one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. Do you think that's true? Do you find that an easy exercise most mornings? What's something positive you told yourself today? If you missed that boat, what's something positive you could tell yourself tomorrow?
At least the sun is shinning.......

2. There will be karaoke at the next party you attend...are you in? Or will you be faking a sore throat?
I'm all in....Love Karaoke and often sing along with my own machine here at home....
3. January 29th is National Puzzle Day...what's something you've found puzzling recently?
Just this morning, I was trying to figure out how to borrow ebooks from my public library....I think I've got it.
4.  Jigsaw, crossword, acrostic, logic, sudoku, word search...what's your favorite kind of puzzle, and when did you last work one?
Jigsaw.......if you read my post yesterday you know I worked on one every week in January. It is a favorite wintertime activity and I probably last worked on one Tuesday

5. Recently a writer by the name of Amy Glass ruffled feathers with a post she wrote saying she looks down on young women with husbands and kids and she's not sorry. Among other things, she says women will be equal with men when we stop saying house work and real work are equally important. You can read the whole piece by clicking here
What say you? Do you think men and women are equal in the 21st century? Why or why not?
Ooo, I could really get on my soap box over this....I have two children and ...they're all grown up now and I consider them my greatest accomplishment. If done right, running a home is certainly equal to running a business....I've done both......anyone who says otherwise, isn't doing it all.....I couldn't find any personal info on Amy so I don't know if she has ever married or had children.. She says anyone can get "knocked up", there are certainly many heartbroken women who could tell her that is not true....okay, I'm not done but I'll quit here.

6. What's a product you've noticed in the grocery store that you'd like to try, but haven't yet?

I haven't seen this in the grocery store, but a friend demonstrated her irobot vacuum and I'd love to have one......I keep seeing ads for crescent roll sheets and recipes, also, but haven't found them in the store.

7. The author, Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (aka Lewis Carroll) was born this week in 1832 (January 27th).  Which character from his celebrated novel, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, would you most like to meet, and why? Here's a linkto a character list if you need help on this one. 

I like the White Rabbit

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Still very cold here in Alabama....after such a mild winter last year, I think the cold temperatures are harder to take......Honey Bear says we're in for a heat wave with temperatures in the 40s.....I don't usually say I look forward to Spring but I am this year.....we're so used to milder winters that the Princess and Wonder Boy don't even own coats....they've been layering with hoodies for when they have to be outdoors.....I'm keeping heavier coats and blankets in the car just in case....with a windchill of -9, one doesn't want to be caught unprepared in case of car trouble.
Okay, its getting late and I need to get some work done.

Visit Joyce at This Side of the Pond to play along

4 comments:

  1. I also like the White Rabbit in Alice In Wonderland.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could get on a soapbox, too, about the value of being a wife and homemaker. I'm appalled anyone could think like that author did, and then to be proud of it.

    Alice in Wonderland is not a favorite story of mine, so I'd have trouble picking out a favorite character.

    It has been cold, here, too. I never thought temps in the 40s would feel so nice, but it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late getting around to visiting this week, so just wanted to wish you a happy Sunday dear one.

    It's been an odd winter for us all this year, I think. And yes, after last year being so mild, we got spoiled. LOVED your answer to number five. High five!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our son was telling us about the irobot vacuum. It sounded amazing. I do hate vacuuming :(

    I hope your weather (and ours) is better this week!

    ReplyDelete