1. My daughter earned her Master's Degree this past weekend...what's something you've 'mastered' in recent weeks or months?
I recently did some decoupage for the first time
2. What song most reminds you of your childhood?
All I Have to Do is Dream and Bird Dog by the Everly Brothers......I remember hearing them on the radio in the kitchen when I was 8 years old or so.
3. What do you think about single gender groups and/or events? Should everygroup/event be open to both genders? If not, what sort of exceptions do you think are appropriate?
I think that some groups should still be gender exclusive
4. What's your favorite spice? Your favorite dish containing your favorite spice?
Cinnamon I like Cinnamon rolls and Cinnamon toast
5. I saw this question on Marla's facebook page and asked if I could
Chevron patterns are everywhere! Do you like it or think its just a little too much? Do you own anything 'chevron'?
The pattern doesn't really appeal to me
6. What's something you disliked as a child, but can fully appreciate now?
I guess I'd have to say Football as a spectator......I can remember my Daddy and other men watching the games on Thanksgiving but I didn't really start being interested until high school and set out to learn all the lingo and order of the game after I married so I could watch and enjoy with Honey Bear.....we mostly just watch SEC games or college games and I know rules are different at the Professional level......my brother played in high school and his being 8 years younger than me and my getting married so young, we traveled to many of his games even though we lived almost 100 miles away at the time.
7. What can irritate you very quickly?
I don't really get irritated quickly about anything
8. Insert your own random thought here.
School starts Monday and so I've been trying to spend some time with the two "grands" here this week. Yesterday, the Princess and I went to the movies and tomorrow Wonder Boy and I are going out for lunch......I had a hair appointment today and lunch with my friend, Rene.........so I've not had a lot of time to blog........
The humidity is low and this afternoon it was only 81 degrees so it felt like Spring outside......the low tonight is supposed to be 59....this is very unusual as August is our hottest month as a rule.....I'm happy about it because it means a lower utility bill and also it is pleasant to sit outside........
We finally got around to having fried green tomatoes for dinner tonight....they were yummy.
Thanks, Joyce for hosting Hodge Podge each week. It is always a surprise to see what questions you come up with.