Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Indulging in Hodge Podge
1. Picture postcards were first printed back in the mid-1800's and deltiology is the official name for postcard collecting. When did you last send a postcard? Receive one? Do you save postcards sent to you? Do you collect and/or send postcards when you travel?
It has been several years. When I was traveling with Honey Bear, I sent post cards to my grandchildren and even gave them an album to collect them in. Again, it has been a few years but I think I've received one from my Daughter on vacation. I save some of them if I like the photo and I also save some that I buy.
2. What treat do you most like to indulge in while on vacation?
Occasionally, I might have a mixed drink or a dessert but nothing specific.
3. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
No, If I get emotional, it shows
4. Does your town/city/county still deliver telephone books to your home? Do you check the yellow pages when searching for a local business number or has the internet replaced the phone book in your home?
yes and they usually go into the recycle bin. We do not have a land line telephone so I don't know why we still get the directory. I use the internet to find business addresses or phone numbers
5. Would you rather be first or last?
If it is a short line, I don't mind being last
6. July is National Park and Recreation Month (in America, but everyone can still play along)...where and when were you last in a park? Did you participate in any recreational activities while you were there?
This Spring on a trip to Nashville.......No, just took a short cut through it.
7. What was one of your worst ideas?
I'm sure there have been some, but at the moment I can't think of one.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This certainly ties in with vacation: I've been seeing the Coppertone ad asking what the smell of Coppertone reminds you of? It reminds me of the trips to the beach with my parents and siblings. Isn't it funny how songs or smells can trigger memories.
Don't forget to visit Joyce: From this side of the Pond
I hope your Wednesday is a beautiful day.......