Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Indulging in Hodge Podge


1. Picture postcards were first printed back in the mid-1800's and deltiology is the official name for postcard collecting. When did you last send a postcard?  Receive one? Do you save postcards sent to you? Do you collect and/or send postcards when you travel?
It has been several years. When I was traveling with Honey Bear, I sent post cards to my grandchildren and even gave them an album to collect them in. Again, it has been a few years but I think I've received one from my Daughter on vacation. I save some of them if I like the photo and I also save some that I buy.

2. What treat do you most like to indulge in while on vacation? 
Occasionally, I might have a mixed drink or a dessert but nothing specific.

3. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
No, If I get emotional, it shows

4. Does your town/city/county still deliver telephone books to your home? Do you check the yellow pages when searching for a local business number or has the internet replaced the phone book in your home?
yes and they usually go into the recycle bin. We do not have a land line telephone so I don't know why we still get the directory. I use the internet to find business addresses or phone numbers

5. Would you rather be first or last?
If it is a short line, I don't mind being last

6. July is National Park and Recreation Month (in America, but everyone can still play along)...where and when were you last in a park?  Did you participate in any recreational activities while you were there?
This Spring on a trip to Nashville.......No, just took a short cut through it. 

7.  What was one of your worst ideas?
I'm sure there have been some, but at the moment I can't think of one.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
This certainly ties in with vacation: I've been seeing the Coppertone ad asking what the smell of Coppertone reminds you of? It reminds me of the trips to the beach with my parents and siblings. Isn't it funny how songs or smells can trigger memories. 
Don't forget to visit Joyce: From this side of the Pond

I hope your Wednesday is a beautiful day.......
Blessings,
Mama Bear

11 comments:

  1. Coppertone is one of my all time favorite scents. It definitely conjures up memories of summers spent at the pool and happy times in general. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Nashville area...that's where the hubby and I plan to live once our girls are one their own. Yes, Coppertone does make me think back to my years as a teenager and spending every afternoon hanging out with my friends at the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like phonebooks and allow Buddy to do the recycling for me. I wonder just how long it will be before phonebooks are a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you recycle your phone book :) I love having a land line, I just don't like talking on my cell phone. I told my husband that we will have a land line until they are no longer around! Of course I would want to be first for all the rides at an amusement park. Love your memories with Coppertone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The smell of any sunscreen/sun tan lotion (remember back when it was sun tan lotion everyone wore?) reminds me of hot sun backing my towel, sand between my toes, and family get-togethers at the lake. What a great thing to bring to mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the smell of Coppertone. I used to use the tanning oil before we knew the sun was bad for us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Funny how I STILL smell Coppertone, even when I just hear the name, and remember the ad of the little girl with the dog pulling her cozzie down to show the tan line :) So many years ago! Thank you for the tips on canning ... going to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the smell of Coppertone, and yes, it brings back youthful memories to me, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun to read this.... postcards are so fun to get but mostly sms and emails these days...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm the same with The Yellow Pages. For some reason we get several versions now. I do keep one in a cabinet but usually just use the Internet.

    ReplyDelete