Wednesday, July 31, 2013
An Inspirational Hodge Podge
1. Share one way you think the world has changed for the better since you were a kid?
I'm not sure I think the world has changed for the better....when I was a kid, we spent a lot of time outdoors, we got more exercise because we worked and played hard....we learned the value of money earned and were more easily and cheaply entertained....we had respect for our elders and learned manners....on the other hand, girls certainly have the promise of more opportunities to excel in careers than we did...technology has put the world at our fingertips and communication is easier...still I can't say the world is a better place.
2. How 'bout one way it's changed for the worse?
I guess I covered that in my rant above except to say families don't spend as much quality time together
3. Starlight, starfish, starling, Starbucks...your favorite 'star'?
starlight, when we can see them
4. Name a song that's overplayed, but you love it anyway.
I don't listen to the radio that much
5. When did you last have home made ice cream? Your latest favorite flavor?
It has been over a year (mostly because of the way it wrecks my diet)....we usually make vanilla and let everyone add toppings of their choice....but my favorite will always be peach
6. What do you think is the best way to inspire or motivate people?
Well, money works....at least when you need help with some chore around the house........I think I've inspired my Granddaughter to be more like me but I'm not sure how I did that....
I will say that a good manager who respects and cares about his or her employees, seems to inspire more courteous and polite workers
7. When was the last time you were without power?
Our electricity was off for a short time a couple of weeks ago but the last major power outage was after the tornadoes of April 2011 when it was off for 5 days
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It is raining here this morning and that is a good thing since it has been about a week since we had any and it will be good for the garden and flowers.........we aren't having the extremely high heat indexes that are normal for August and that's a good thing, too.....
Pop over to visit Joyce at "From this side of the Pond" to play along.