Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY...Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Outside my window...38°F3°C,overcast and wet with snow flurries predicted....supposed to reach 43 with little or no accumulation....windy and a good day to stay inside

I am thinking..."Twas the day after Christmas and all through the house.....

I am thankful...for the day spent with my daughter and grandchildren yesterday....I missed those  who weren't here but it was a blessed day anyway...lots of delicious food...my grands would rather eat my Dressing than dessert ( what a compliment)...I'm thankful both Honey Bear and I are healthy and feeling well....and for a warm home to live in during these cold days....for the greatest gift of all at Christmas, Jesus......for the other gifts I received...

From the kitchen...leftovers and lots of goodies still to eat...

I am wearing...pajamas and a warm red robe, thinking about putting on some sweats to lounge around in today after I do a little straightening up in the house.

I am creating...pleasant rooms out of chaos (switching my studio to what was the study, a smaller room so it requires some adjustments of furniture.......more stitches on my cross stitch project....plans for 2013...and finishing my 2012 journal.

I am going...to stay home the next few days....

One year ago today...the weather was much like today...I was reading Wings of the Morning...planning some new projects.....working on the SAL quilt squares....learning to needle turn applique and finding I liked it....enjoying the gifts of the season and all my blessings

I am wondering...if the SAL group will continue in the new year and if so what project we'll be doing...

These days I'm reading...The Christmas Promise, a gift from a friend in 2007 that I found on my bookshelf and realized I had never read.....

I am praying...for my sister's job (slow time), my friend's tests (good results)....Val's Mom....Cee Kay....Denise.....Rick....Honey Bear

I remember when...Santa left a few gifts, unwrapped, under the tree for my sister and me...we'd wake up before daylight, the Christmas tree lights would still be on, we'd sneak into the room to see if Santa had been and spying our dolls, we'd grab them and hurry back to bed...our gifts were few but so appreciated....

I am looking forward to...going for a walk as soon as it dries some and the temperatures get above 50 degrees.....so happy I don't live where there have been blizzards this week

A verse for today...Psalm 30:5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning

Discovering that....Joy is in the small things of life....

I am hearing...water dripping off the house.....the refrigerator doing its thing....silence

Around the house...some tidying to do....sheets to launder and place back on the bed...presents to put away....

Song that stays on my Mind...


A favorite quote for today...
"I still think the greatest suffering is being lonely, feeling unloved, just having no one...that is the worst disease that any human being can ever experience." Mother Teresa

One of my favorite things...watching the birds come to the feeder in the winter....

A few plans for the rest of the week: getting the house back in order....a planning meeting on Friday...

From my photo file....

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely post...it makes me feel serene...yes, the best things in life are free...family, love, hugs and kisses..knowing someone is always there for you....may your 2013 be as bright as you are..blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a thought-provoking post! I enjoy sitting quietly and watching the birds fly in and out of the feeders, too! It's snowing here in New Market -- have you gotten flurries today?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post... I do love having Christmas leftovers for a while afterwards...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blog is really amazing, I really like the pictures that there are creative you are, the theme is also appropriate. This new experience for me, when browsing the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had a great Christmas! We've had a few flurries but I don't think any accumulation is expected

      Delete
  5. Just stopping by to wish you a very Happy New Year.. I am going to start to blog again.. Have so missed it.. We are finished with the remodel and I am so glad, finished just three days before Christmas so I was frazzled but the room is great.. Hope to hear from you and we can catch up...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear that you had a nice Christmas. I always enjoy reading your daybook posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this "daybook" style of yours. I am absolutely amazed at the number of book you read in 2012! May your list for 2013 be even longer!

    ReplyDelete