Follow your Heart to Hodgepodge Volume #88
brought to you by the lovely, Joyce,I turned on my computer, thinking it was Thursday, wondering what I could post about....then began reading the blogs I follow and saw this little button......Oh, it's Wednesday, isn't it.....I've not done this in a couple of weeks and I've missed it so here are the questions and my answers....join in if you've a mind to.
1. In an effort to combat obesity, the mayor of NYC has plans to ban the sale of large sugary drinks (anything over 16 oz.), initially in restaurants, movie theatres, and street carts. Corner stores would also be affected if they are defined as food service establishments. You can read more here . Your thoughts? Losing weight or Dieting is a personal battle which takes will power and determination...a lifestyle change if you will......I'm not sure this will have any effect on obesity....A person has a choice, after all, whether to order a super size or not.....I'm not as disciplined as I should be, however, I usually drink water when dining out. Its certainly cheaper and is calorie free...if I do have a soda, its always sugar free.
2. Art festival, music festival, food festival...which would you most like to attend?
3. What are you irrational about?
4. Do you feel confident you'll have a comfortable retirement?
I suppose it depends on your idea of comfort.....although we have never had to be concerned about being able to pay our bills or have food to eat, we wouldn't be considered wealthy.....Many of my acquaintances are much more so than we are......Honey Bear has retired and we are able to take care of our needs with his Social Security and a small pension.....we haven't begun to dip into his IRA as yet......we certainly cannot spend as freely as we did when he was bringing in his paycheck as head of the Quality Control Department but we're doing alright.
5. What's been your favorite Olympic moment so far?
(Not ever, just in the 2012 Summer games)
I've not watched.
6. What would you label as the messiest room in your house?
My studio........I tidy it up and then become immersed in projects and it is messy once again......That's what I like about having a studio, I can leave my work out.........I have curtains to put over the doorway when company comes since there are no doors on the dining room.
7. Do you follow your heart or your head?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Will this summer never end.....