Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook

From Mama Bear's Journal.....
FOR TODAY...Wednesday, May30, 2012, 7:37am

Outside my window...its   66 °F , (19 °C)  and partly cloudy...I sat outside for a bit this morning with my coffee...there were two Squirrels in our Maple tree scampering around, a male Tohee on the ground under the feeder, Robins in the yard and Mr Froggie sitting on a lily pad in the pond...what better way to greet the morning than with God's creation...

I am thinking..."Its a beautiful morning"

I am thankful..for time spent with family...answers to prayer: Ashley has adopted a beautiful baby girl, Cathy has gotten the news she is cancer free......phone conversation with my son

In the kitchen...we've been eating leftovers since Saturday but I'm planning to cook squash/zucchini, and cabbage from the garden along with peas and cornbread for dinner

I am wearing...pink pajamas

I am creating...nothing new: I recently have had a sore finger and haven't been able to stitch...I crocheted 3 dish cloths and have been working on a puzzle........searching books and thinking about making a Christmas candle mat

I am going...to lunch with Wonder Boy this morning about 11

I am wondering...why I can't get motivated 

I am reading...Cutting for Stone (Still) this is a long book plus I've not been reading during the day and can only manage a page or two at night before I fall asleep...

I am hoping...to get some sewing done today

I am looking forward to...visiting our son's family in July after their move from Texas to Georgia


Around the house...all is quiet and fairly tidy.....Smokey is asleep behind the chair......Honey Bear has his earphones on listening to something on his laptop.....coffee's hot

I am pondering..these words from My Daily Bread
"He cannot fail, your faithful God;
He’ll guard you with His mighty power;
Then fear no ill though troubles rise,
His help is sure from hour to hour. —Bosch"
With God behind you and His arms beneath you, you can face whatever lies ahead of you. —Ward

One of my favorite things...having coffee on the porch in the early morning

A few plans for the rest of the week:Book club and salad luncheon on Friday


From my photo file....across the pond

4 comments:

  1. I love sitting outside in the mornings with a cup of coffee. It is so quiet, and I can reflect on how good God has been to me. Have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to start your day--I love viewing God's creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still giggling at that "Beware of Attack Frog" sign under your plant! hehe I'm with you, having coffee outside in the morning when the weather cooperates is THE best!!! I'm usually out there by 6 a.m. and it's just me and the birds:-) Such wonderful prayers answered for Ashley and Cathy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sitting on your porch in the morning sounds wonderful.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete