A Presidential Wednesday Hodge Podge
1. George Washington-Abraham Lincoln-Thomas Jefferson...who would you most like to meet and why?
Having toured the homes of two of these Presidents, I think I would have to say, Jefferson would be an interesting person to meet. Although, I believe he died deeply in debt, he was an inventor and a botanist. I think he would have had much to teach us today.
2. What's your favorite chain restaurant?
When I lived in Memphis, it was J. Alexander's.....there isn't one in Huntsville.....I don't think I have a favorite now......Outback is not far away and easy to get to and we eat there occasionally.....
3. I spied this question on the Bears at Home blog last week and she gave me permission to
When you look back on your life, do you imagine you'll think about the goals you failed to meet with regret? Or will you look at what you accomplished and say: it was good?
It was good.
4. Grapefruit-take 'em or leave 'em? Given the choice between an orange and a grapefruit which would you choose? Would you prefer it served as is or squeezed into juice?
I like oranges best.....Honey Bear drinks grapefruit juice every morning....I think if I had to choose between the juice or the fruit of grapefruit, I'd pick the fruit which I would peel and eat like an orange.
5. When was the last time you cleaned out a closet? Is there a closet in your home that currently needs cleaning? What are you waiting for?
Sometime in the last year, at least.....I'm sure there are several that need cleaning/clearing.
6. You get to have lunch with three famous people...who would you like to see round your table?
I once had dinner in a hotel restaurant in Houston while Dixie Carter and Hal Holbrook sat at a nearby table.
I think I would enjoy sharing a table with some of my favorite authors.....maybe Elizabeth George, Nora Roberts, and David Baldacci
7. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your ability to parallel park?
2......I avoid it whenever possible.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Do you have a housekeeping schedule? Prior to Honey Bear's retirement in October, I had a cleaning service come in every other week to clean....In between, I vacuumed and did whatever else was needed but didn't have a certain task to do on a certain day......Now, I find that I cannot seem to get into a routine with the cleaning.....I would like to clean the entire house in one day and then not have to do it again for a week or so but I'm just not able to do that anymore as I did when I was younger....I've looked online for ideas but so far, haven't found a schedule that works for me.....I would be interested in hearing from my readers on this.
Thanks go to Joyce for hosting and
coming up with the theme and
questions each week.