The Amazing Wednesday Hodge Podge Volume 61
1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen's English in 2012-
amazing, baby bump, shared sacrifice, occupy, blowback, man cave, the new normal, pet parent, win the future, trickeration, ginormous, and thank you in advance.
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Go here to read more about how the words are chosen. Thanks in advance. It sort of obligates one to do a task one might not plan on doing. We can request someone to do a task, thank them for agreeing and then thank them after the task is done. No need to pressure them with "Thanks in advance". Does that mean we don't need to thank them for doing something?
I don't much care for Baby Bump either.
2. Are you easily embarrassed? I don't think so.
3. What is your go-to snack? dried fruit and nuts
4. Have you ever been to Washington D.C.? If not do you have any desire to go? What site/attraction would you most want to see in that city? If you have been, what's your favorite site/attraction? Yes. Its hard to say what would be my favorite. The two places which affected me the most were the Vietnam Wall and Arlington Cemetery.
5. sit ups-planks-lunges-squats...which do you hate the least? all of them are hate inducing aren't they....it is extremely hard for me to do sit ups and squatting and getting back up has become more difficult lately.
6. What's a small act of kindness you were shown that you've never forgotten?
7. Have you ever been a blood donor? No
8. Insert your own random thought here. Its raining again today....what a dark dreary day it is. My Daddy used to say the sun has mildewed when we had days like we've had for the past 4 or 5.
I'd like to thank Joyce for continuing to
bring us thought provoking questions
week after week and for hosting. If time
permits, stop by and visit her and others on this
hodge podge day. I hope the sun is shinning
where you are.