Monday, January 9, 2012

A Simple Woman's Daybook


From Mama Bear's Journal....
For today...Monday, January 9, 2012
Outside my window...It's 56 °F, (13 °C), wet and foggy...
Hearing...Honey Bear on the phone and rattling papers
I am thinking...that today seems like Saturday (will I ever get used to this schedule?)
Feeling Thankful for...warmer temperatures (lower gas bills), Birds and other wildlife outside my window, Honey Bear, our health, all of my blog friends, 
Remembering...how January is always a depressing month for me...
Creating this...stitching on my SAL quilt squares, getting ready for applique
I am currently reading...Woman of Grace
One year ago today...the snow had melted enough for the birds to get to the feeder...it was 34 degrees and supposed to get colder...Christmas decorations had been put away...I was reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"....
I am hoping...to put away more decorations...do prep work on applique so I can work on it tonight....enjoy Honey Bear's day off with him...
On my mind...the need to get back on track with my food diary..my to-do list....
Noticing that...days are getting longer
Pondering these words..."Love does not consist of gazing into each other's eyes but in looking in the same direction".
From the kitchen...I'm not sure....we just enjoyed a wonderful breakfast of toast, sausage, and scrambled eggs....tonight may be ham and cheese sandwiches or soup....
Around the house...all is calm, all is quiet
I am praying for...our son's surgery this week, Shortybear, Val: her husband and son, Faye's cousin, the economy, our country's leaders
A few plans for the week...the Princess: after school tomorrow...club meeting Thursday night...Book Club on Friday
One of my favorite things...discovering new blogs to follow, especially the ones where I learn something: I love all the tutorials.
A picture thought to share...
From last January
Please visit Peggy for more daybooks.....

7 comments:

  1. Your day is always filled with interesting things. Nowadays I am working on a goal of crocheting 300 neck scarves to give away next Thanksgiving. I have been at it two weeks and have 23 made so far. One day I will start my new blog also. . . but not until after my birthday Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find Thanksgiving a bit of a let down too. After our Florida freezings temps, it's nice to have warmer temps here as well. Looks like you've got a lot of interesting things ready to go! Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful day with Honey Bear, enjoying the simple things of life.
    hugs
    kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. To answer your question...we watch movies on our computer. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's 23F here at the moment so a little cooler than at your place! lol Snow is in the forecast for this afternoon but so far it's just cloudy. I've noticed as well that the days are getting longer:-)

    I think January is a depressing month for a lot of people, including me. After all the hoopla with Christmas, it's a shock to the system when all the company is gone, the decorations are put away, etc. I'm missing being able to travel but I'm too chicken to drive too far from home in the winter time.

    My prayers are with your son and other friends. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the quote you are pondering! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete