Twas the Hodge Podge Before Christmas
1. Are you cooking Christmas dinner? How many will be round your table this year? What are we having?
I will only cook a part of it as everyone will bring something to add to it......35 are invited but we expect only half that number.....Ham, Chicken Dressing, Green Beans, Pasta & Cheese, Broccoli Salad, Sweet Potato Casserole, Slaw, Fruit Salad, Rolls, and various desserts...
2. What is one must-have Christmas cookie in your house? My husband is beginning to think the wedding cookies are...I made them for the first time last year.....Magic Cookie Bars have always been a part of Christmas.
3. Santa likes a glass of milk with his cookies. Do you? What kind of milk is on tap at your house-skim? almond? soy? full fat (Gasp!) Honey Bear drinks skim milk, I drink Lactose free/fat free.
4. Time magazine recently named their 'Person of the Year' for 2011. This is the person the editors believe had the greatest impact, for better or worse, in the past year. This year they chose 'The Protester'. Your thoughts? Who would you name Person of the Year for 2011? No comment
5. December 21st is National Flashlight Day... when was the last time you needed a flashlight and did you know right where to find one? I vaguely remember Honey Bear needing one for some task during the latter half of the year but can't recall why...the last time I needed one was during April's Fury when we were without electricity for 5+ days....I keep two in my nightstand so I always know where they are. I also know where the candles and lighter are.
6. candy canes...yum or yuck? I like Peppermint so yum.
7. What Christmas carol lyric means the most to you? If every day could be just like Christmas, what a wonderful world this would be....If our focus was on Jesus and his sacrifice for our sins, perhaps crime and hate would cease and we could be at peace with all our fellow man.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Jesus came to earth, lived as a man, died on the cross so that we might have the promise of eternal life. He conquered death and the grave. He gave us the greatest gift of all if we will only accept it. He was all about love and acceptance, even forgave those who persecuted and killed him.....we should be willing to do no less.....Love is the greatest gift...
If you have a moment in your busy
schedule and would like to join us
for this Wednesday Hodge Podge,
Thanks, Joyce for these questions.