Monday, November 7, 2011

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Would you like to linger on the simple things...then join me and many others in taking a little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the everyday moments. 
FOR TODAY
From Mama Bear's Journal...
Outside my window...Its 65 °F,(18 °C), it is expected to reach 76 degrees today....the Geraniums look even better than in the summer and I could probably still save the Gerber Daisy that is on the porch.....it is supposed to be sunny but right now there is some cloud cover...
I am thinking...about the time I spent burning copies of my photos from the computer to disc...just the ones since May when I got this computer....long overdue....now, I'm uploading some music from Disc(purchased online) so I can put it on my iphone and ipod...this takes time but is a good thing...
I am thankful...for this warm weather...nature outside my window...that we're both healthy....that I live close to at least two of my grandchildren and my daughter...for friends....for my faith in God and Jesus Christ...for the freedoms we enjoy....for that wonderful Man God chose for me to spend my life with...that this earthly vessel is just like a clay jar which carries my soul and the Holy Spirit, its just a temporary home...
From the learning rooms...Honey Bear begins his clinical rotation today....I'm still learning needle turn applique and getting better at it...
In the kitchen...Chicken Dumplings in the Crockpot last night for dinner, a new recipe..the last time I had Chicken Dumplings, they had been prepared by my Mama...not sure yet what we'll have tonight...
I am wearing...my pajamas, still, I'm afraid....
I am creating...

I finished the stitching on this pumpkin..not sure what I'll do with it yet, I'm thinking 'a candle mat.....I'm hand quilting one of my  swap pieces and, careless me, was doing it without a thimble and stuck the back end of the needle into my finger, ouch!.....I have finished two more of the appliques for 'My Favorite Things', need to photograph those.....
I am going...to clean the refrigerator today and work on tidying the studio
I am wondering...if Daughter will get home early tonight or if I will have to keep Little David...the child of a friend of hers who has MD...she keeps him every Tuesday evening to give the Mom a chance to go to a support group...
I am reading...A Sound in the Trees, still, it was a little slow at first but when I got to the letters written during the Civil War, I enjoyed it more...after this I'll read the new Elm Creek Quilts book...
I am hoping...to get outside today and perhaps pick some lettuce and Spinach, its just too dark when Honey Bear gets home for him to do it.
I am looking forward to...the Holidays....cooking for Thanksgiving....decorating for Christmas....the parties....the pot luck gatherings...the music
I am hearing..."I've Had My Moments" by Emerson Drive
Around the house...Yesterday, I put flannel sheets on the bed (they're not like the flannel we had when I was a child, they're combed cotton but so soft and warm)...I need to go make the bed, and do some spot cleaning in the bathrooms...maybe move some more seasonal clothes.....start to tidy the guest room and office
I am pondering...ways to make life simpler...the relationship between a Mother and her son.....ways to make home a welcoming place for my family...things to do with Wonder Boy....
One of my favorite things...spending time outdoors with my Honey....we went for a 2 hour walk Saturday, talked about everything, identified  leaves and trees...such a simple thing that brought so much pleasure...
A few plans for the rest of the week: the Princess after school today and tomorrow....club meeting Thursday night...Book Club Friday morning...Holiday Bonanza on Saturday

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
 Peggy at The Simple Woman is the creator of the prompts in this
daybook. Visit her and others who participate as time permits or think
about joining us yourself.

7 comments:

  1. Enjoyed this, love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed this and the Chicken and dumplings have made me hungry!

    Oh and I have a new blog I am excited about. It's not done yet but I'm still working on it - Hope you'll stop by!

    http://winding-roads.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to know how to make the chicken dumplings in the crock pot. I haven't had those for about 15 years -- a lady in a former church used to bring them to potlucks. I've always been a little afraid of making mushy dumplings.

    I need to back up my photos and documents, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed this glimpse into your life. Simpler living is a goal that I would like to work towards. I have been out and about for four days in a row, and not had time to do the things that I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your thankfulness list is great - perfect for this Thanksgiving season! Have a blessed rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicken dumplings sound good.
    Lovely blog.
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love a two-hour walk. Flannel sheets might be nice up here.

    We're having 39 degrees, and 2 inches of snow, turned to rain now, of course.

    Blessings,
    Voni

    ReplyDelete