Hurry up into Wednesday Hodgepodge Vol. #52
1. Of all the tools and gadgets you own which do you most enjoy using? My crock pot...I love that I can put the ingredients for a recipe in it and forget about it for hours...I'm always on the look out for new recipes to use in it.....But I have to say my computer is #1 and my Kindle is #2.
2. When (if ever) is impatience a virtue? Like Joyce, I think that when action is necessary to get a solution to a problem, being impatient is a good quality to have rather than sitting around waiting for the problem to take care of itself.....however I don't believe that makes impatience a virtue......I believe that impatience is unhealthy for the person who reacts that way to situations....a good example is someone who gets impatient when they have to sit through 2 traffic light changes before they are able to move on down the street.....they're sitting there with their blood pressure climbing when it does no good at all.
3. What temperature do you keep your thermostat set to in winter? Do you have another way to heat your house besides a furnace of some type? Usually, around 68 and we do not heat our bedroom...we just sleep better if it is cool in there...and the heat dries out ones sinus and throat...we have a fireplace and I would love to use it but the pilot light makes so much noise that I keep it turned off...I would love to take out the gas logs and put in a gas starter so we could burn wood...it is a real fireplace made for that.
4. Do/did you have a close relationship with any of your grandparents? Yes, with all of them...my maternal grandparents died before I married...she was only 54 and he died two years later but I have special memories of them both...
5. When did you last have a family portrait taken? Before the children had families of their own...well we did have a photo made at the wedding where Honey Bear and I renewed our vows in 2002 but none of them turned out well...
6. What does the word patriotism mean to you? Being loyal to ones country of birth even when we do not agree with the decisions being made by our government leaders....a feeling of pride and gratitude when one sees symbols of ones country or hears patriotic music.
7. Do you like to play cards and if so, what's your favorite card game? I do enjoy playing card games as well as other games, although it has been years since I've done so....I like Spades, Rummy, Hand & Foot, Canasta and others.
8. Insert your own random thought here. The questions today didn't seem to follow any theme but hopped around to different subjects.....they did require thought and that is what is important...The Princess and I began a new puzzle yesterday...we will be working on it for a while.....It isn't square or rectangular but follows the shape of a cat with scenes inside the cat, it has a window with 3 other cats, lots of flowers, birds, butterflies and a bird feeder. I bought it at the thrift store still wrapped in its cellophane.
Now please join me for:
Here are some scenes from our walk on Saturday....
Outdoor Wednesday is hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer.
Wednesday Hodgepodge is hosted by Joyce at From This Side of the Pond.