Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Outdoor Wednesday



I've not participated in Susan's blog hop in a while...So today I thought I would share what we saw along the road as we drove up to the mountains last Wednesday.
This is the Ocoee River. For those of you unfamiliar with that part of our country, it is used for white water rafting in season and was the site of a part of the 1995 Olympics.
I made these all from the car and through the window.
This same river named the Ocoee in Tennessee is the Toccoa in Georgia.





10 comments:

  1. I love driving past water. I guess it's because it is so dry here...It looks cold where you were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos of the water. Just lovely. Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Seeing those photos makes me want to go back to the mountains! I've only been once at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nature looking its best in any part of the world is a spectacle to behold, isn't creation and the creator simply marvelous.So exciting that I am a winner and a grinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos, Mama Bear.

    Can you have Barbara H., get in touch with me, please. My email isn't working and hasn't been for a couple of days. Hope it's up soon.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    Haven't heard from you in a long time! Looks like you enjoyed your trip! Pretty photos! I love seeing mountain streams.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know why water is so mesmerizing, but it is. What lovely scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I have been by this river many many times. It is just beautiful. I hope you had a good time while in the mountains. There is snow on the very top right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello....boy, howdy, I've missed a great set of photos that you've shared. I always love seeing where other people live. Such a gorgeous piece of countryside.

    I've been so busy, I haven't had time to email you back. I'm looking tho, for something that'll work.

    ReplyDelete